The NBA has revealed all 75 members of its 75th Anniversary Team and the names included did not disappoint.
MORE: Who made the NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team?
From George Mikan to Giannis Antetokounmpo, the list contains players who have made widespread contributions since the league’s inception, ensuring the story of the NBA could not be told without their chapters.
NBA 75 team revealed: Insights from full list of players
From the active players who made the cut to the franchises that have had the most all-time greats, there is plenty to take away from the list of players announced.
Which active players made the NBA 75?
Beginning with Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, a total of 11 active players were selected. Antetokounmpo, who will not turn 27 until December of 2021, is the youngest player selected to the list, entering his ninth NBA season.
Carmelo Anthony, who will turn 38 in May, is the oldest active player to make it onto the list.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bucks
- Stephen Curry, Warriors
- Kevin Durant, Nets
- James Harden, Nets
- LeBron James, Lakers
- Kawhi Leonard, Spurs
- Chris Paul, Suns
- Russell Westbrook, Lakers
- Anthony Davis, Lakers
- Carmelo Anthony, Lakers
- Damian Lillard, Blazers
How many players from the NBA’s 50 Greatest Players were named to the NBA 75?
Of the NBA’s 50 Greatest Players that were announced in 1996, all 50 were named to the NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team.
Which teams have the most players on the NBA 75?
While the NBA’s three charter franchises in the Celtics, Knicks and Warriors are well represented, it’s hard to ignore the presence of players who spent time with franchises like the 76ers and Lakers.
(Note: Players may appear more than once for appearing with multiple franchises)
|Celtics||Nate Archibald, Larry Bird, Bob Cousy, Dave Cowens, Kevin Garnett, John Havlicek, Sam Jones, Kevin McHale, Shaquille O’Neal, Robert Parish, Bill Sharman, Bill Russell, Bill Walton. Ray Allen, Paul Pierce,|
|Lakers||Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elgin Baylor, Kobe Bryant, Wilt Chamberlain, LeBron James, Magic Johnson, George Mikan, Steve Nash, Shaquille O’Neal, Russell Westbrook, Jerry West, James Worthy, Anthony Davis, Carmelo Anthony, Gary Payton, Bob McAdoo|
|Warriors||Paul Arizin, Rick Barry, Wilt Chamberlain, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Nate Thurmond|
|76ers||Charles Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain, Julius Erving, Hal Greer, Allen Iverson, Moses Malone, Billy Cunningham|
|Knicks||Patrick Ewing, Walt Frazier, Jerry Lucas, Willis Reed, Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd, Dave DeBusschere, Bob McAdoo, Earl Monroe|
- There are multiple examples in which three or more of these players were teammates, including a few notable title-winners:
- 1962-63 Celtics – Cousy, Havlicek, Jones and Russell
- 1972-73 Knicks – Frazier, Lucas and Reed
- 1980-81 Celtics – Archibald. Bird and McHale
- 1982-89 Lakers – Abdul-Jabbar, Johnson, Worthy
- 1996-97 Bulls – Jordan, Rodman, Pippen
Which decades are represented?
- Mikan, who made his Basketball Association of America (BAA) debut in 1948 and his NBA debut in 1949, made the earliest debut among players on the list.
- Antetokounmpo, who made his NBA debut in 2013, is one of a select few members on the list to debut after the year 2010.